Sunday, February 03, 2008

00239 Fishin' & eatin'

Robbie's Bream

After a couple of fruitless, but interesting fishing trips with my birthday present (two fishing rods & accompanying reels), I went on a boat trip to catch fish. There really wasn't much to catch - mostly because of the time of year, or so I'm led to believe.
Anyway everyone eventually caught at least one (mostly bream) and I took my two home to eat. One of the fish I was told was a little on the small size, but I was determined to cut it down to size and eat it as sushimi, which turned out to be awesome. The larger one I shared with Meriel and went down a treat steamed with butter and accompanied by home made tartar sauce and chips. Pukka, it might be said.
The upshot of all of this is that the idea of fishing off the rocks, given the time and the expertise, is looking really appealing and I'm now ultra determined to crack it.

No comments:

Post a Comment