Wednesday, May 14, 2008

00257 Robot parts arrive

I've just taken possession of a PICAXE chip and starter kit:

PICAXE

And set to work making a robot with any bits available. In this case I've added a motor and a a servo:

First robot

It works OK, but I think it'll go better with two motors (in the post) and even better with two 14v drill motors. The latter will need alot of forward planning and I'll probably have to buy a unit to cope with the increased voltage needed to drive the bigger motors. Then I'll be able to stick a motorbike battery on board and get down to the beach for some cyber-raking action.

I'll also consider attaching an LED to the 'bot in the meantime and do a long exposure of it moving in the dark to see how the movements over the sand might turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment