Tuesday, February 22, 2005

00007 Could you pass me my bag?

Several years ago we were travelling on a plane from somewhere to another place. On landing & taxying to a standstill, I found myself standing next to a lady who was both older than me and considerably shorter. I offered to retrieve her bag from the overhead locker and she accepted with a smile. As I was pulling the bag from the locker I looked down at her and grinning, I asked her if there was anything fragile inside the bag.
"Only my glass unicorn", she replied, stoney-faced.
Mmmmm, could have been worse, I suppose. Could've been a glass spider's web.
In her position I would have asked anyone touching my bag to read and sign an elaborate set of terms and conditions relating to bag retrieval.

I give it two weeks, tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment