Wednesday, September 21, 2005

00072 Strike three

So this is just cathing up for me, but went kiteboarding 3 days out of 4 (which is unbelievable). 14th, 15th and 17th (Wed, Thurs, Sat). First two days were gusty, with the second giving me a taste of overpower and waves - the waves were awesome, the overpowered surfing was OK, bu tthe luls in between the gusts were pants.
The last day (Saturday) was very low wind, so I messed about with the kite (15m) and Griff let me have a go on his (ex Dan Harradine) 18m Amp with his Bic board (basically a surf board with straps) - what a great kite, but I can see it would be a handfull when ovepowered. As Griff was saying, you can go in next to no wind and still get a decent ride. First time with a high aspect kite too. Not as scary as I thought.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:14 pm

    I just bookmarked your blog. I will try to post often.

    Do you think gas pricing is ever going to go down? I founds some gas saving tips at sports radio


    Keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete