Sunday, September 25, 2005

00075 Frantic Kitesurfing

After taking the kids to a party, shopping, cooking & cleaning, Mum came round to look after the kids for a couple of hours so that I could go out kitesurfing - what a diamond.
Started out really sketchy, which seems to be par for the course in my case. I was on the 11m, whereas everyone else seemed to be on 14s, so I had to work the kite alot to get around. After a while, though, the wind picked up and I was powered up and staying upwind quite well. There's definately some tuning to be done and it's not all fine, but the outlook is good. I did get beaten up a bit and dragged around, but mostly it wasn't too bad. One thing's for sure, when the wind's right, I can really get going. So now all I need is to hang around on the beach 24/7 and wait for the weather (like that's ever going to happen).
Simon (carrot) was there with his camera, so with any luck I'll have more photos to post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment