Saturday, March 03, 2007

00193 LEDs and wood


Upstanding
Originally uploaded by Lenny & Meriel.
Well I've started doing the lamp thing and the effects that you can create with just a block of old wood are really not too bad. I've been dyingg the wood and then using french polish. This version is yet to be polished, but considering the wood was lying outside after the building work, it's ok.
Shame I only had low power LEDs, although I'll be making something a little different with higher intensity light - I think staring really bright lights in the face without any diffusion will be unpleasant.
Got another one on the go now and all I need to do is to get some good power LEDs to go with it. They're really cheap, but the postage is always killer. Photos soon.

Bits of wood Wood drilled out Parts Components soldered Clamped Filled

No comments:

Post a Comment