Saturday, April 16, 2011

00512 Day 47, Tops

The funny thing about lathing seems to be that you go to great lengths to produce a tool that makes things go round in a perfect circle, only to be faced with the unfortunate reality that a master of the lathe will be able to produce the straightest of lines.

I AM NOW THE MASTER AND YOU MUST ALL BOW DOWN BEFORE ME AND WORSHIP ME AS YOUR RULER!!!

BEHOLD:

Tops



Spinning tops

Shavings Wood


OK, so let's sketch out some new rules for this place.

Ummmmm, we'll start with the obvious ones, I guess.

1. Everyone should have a lathe
2. I will be the best at lathing
3. Everyone will say I am the best at lathing
4. Everyone will try to make tops
5. I will actually make the best tops (see rules 2 and 3)

Right, well, I think that pretty much covers it.

1 comment: